Wednesday, January 02, 2013

DIARY 2013: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2


You can tell I had a bad night's sleep: I was visited again!

Well, I'm working today, so not a lot to report, though I did read over 250 pages of my new book yesterday. I also listened to my favourite ever record (the record I would keep on my desert island as the other seven were washed away) - 'All Along The Watchtower' by Jimi Hendrix to Bob Dylan's lyrics.

News:- Well, Obama has escaped the "fiscal cliff" (the rest of us probably haven't) but there is much rejoicing on the world stock markets. However, today's Guardian points out that a number of "black holes" are awaiting Obama, awaiting us all. So, from geographical perils to cosmic extinction all in two days. What a year this is going to be!

Weather:- thick grey cloud over Norwich and the fiscal cliffs beyond.

Thought for the day:- Tread carefully the rock face of the light and the laboratory window ledge of the night.

No comments: